You are currently viewing Black and White Gala Nets a Record $140,000
The Foundation’s signature fundraising event is driven by volunteers. Planning and work begins almost a full year ahead of the Gala to ensure our attendees and sponsors have a night to remember. Dedicating long hours in the lead up to, volunteer support is essential in all elements; from table arrangements, working with sponsors, to band choices and style design choices. Magic happens on that October Evening when everything comes together thanks to the hard work and persistence of our volunteer team.

Black and White Gala Nets a Record $140,000

(Garrison Petawawa) It was a spectacular night for local health care, as the 2018 Black and White Gala broke Gala record by netting $140,000 to support the Pembroke Regional Hospital Foundation.

For the thirteenth year, community leaders, hospital staff and doctors, businesses and local health care champions gathered at the Normandy Officer’s Mess at Garrison Petawawa on Saturday.

Attracting more than 225 guests, the lavish night was filled with excellent food, dance and entertainment – all to fuel exceptional health care at the Pembroke Regional Hospital.

Addressing the Gala attendees was Gala Committee Chair, Laura Carroll: “Because of your leadership, because you care about this community, because you decided to take ownership of advancing our local health care, we are on the cusp of breaking fundraising records tonight!”

Among the dedicated sponsors of the Gala, six $10,000 Gifts of Humanity were donated by: BMO Financial Group, Butler GM, Church of the Sanctuary of the Beloved, Frank Carroll Financial, Freedom 55 Financial, and EGM Insurance.

Including this most recent total, the annual galas have raised nearly $1.3M for the PRH.

“This was an incredible night for regional philanthropy” said PRHF Executive Director, Nancy Warren. “Special thanks go to our remarkable volunteer Gala Committee who put their hearts into planning tirelessly for this celebration.”

Aligning with the night’s Starlit Night theme, guests enjoyed a delectable four-course meal catered by Ullrich’s, beneath twinkling star lights strewn across the hall.

Entertainment included the Strange Potatoes (who opened for Great Big Sea’s Sean McCann last year) and Ben Rutz (fiddle and mandolin player for Juno Award-winning Johnny Reid) with Anthony Riding.

Speaking to the Cutting Edge Campaign (which was publicly launched at last year’s Gala) PRH President and CEO, Pierre Noel said, “We now have our sights set on the modernization of our inpatient surgical unit and day surgery program. As with other Ministry-funded capital projects, 90% of the cost are provincially funded, while the remaining 10%, plus 100% of the costs to equip the space must be borne by ourselves.”

Concluding her evening remarks, Ms. Carroll excited cheers in the room with an inspiring sentiment: “my dad once told me that you should give until you’re proud. So I would like to raise a toast to all of you – tonight we proudly celebrate smashing our goal…When we need it, state of the art health care is right here at home.”

Donations to the PRH Foundation are welcome any time.