The year 2022 marks the 20th anniversary of the Pembroke Regional Hospital Foundation and since it’s inception the foundation has supported programs and services integral to the advancement of health care and the total well-being of the citizens of Pembroke and the surrounding communities by the raising, managing, and distributing of funds to the Pembroke Regional Hospital. The Foundation’s goal is to continue to raise funds to acquire the technology and equipment not covered by government funding. We achieve our goals by way of contributions from our generous community.
“We achieve our goals by way of contributions from our generous community. In honour of this milestone, over the next year we will be highlighting some of the amazing achievements of the foundation and the incredible donors and volunteers that made those achievements possible” said Roger Martin, PRH Foundation Executive Director.
Over the Foundation’s 20 years our community has raised more than 20 Million dollars to achieve the following campaigns, as well as much more equipment for the various departments at PRH:
• Building Fund – raising $8 million for an overall major renovation and expansion.
• Maternity & Child Care – raising $700,000 to upgrade the facilities used for labour and delivery services.
• A Gift of Hope – raising $600,000 for a Satellite Dialysis Unit at the Pembroke Regional Hospital.
• MRI Image Matters – raising $4.5 million to bring a Magnetic Resonance Imagine Machine to our Regional Hospital.
• Cutting Edge – raising $2.5 million to renovate the circa 1950’s Surgical Floor and support the Orthopaedic program.
• Cancer Care – our current campaign which will raise $3.5 million to fund the upgrades and expansion of the chemotherapy/medical daycare unit and pharmacy at PRH. This campaign was launched in January of 2021 and so far has raised nearly $1.6 million.
“These achievements have been supported through the efforts of our annual fundraising events which our community has so generously rallied around for many years. Events such as the Black & White Gala, Connect to Care Radiothon, Catch the Ace and Spring & Fall Lotteries, just to name a few. Thank you to all of you who have supported these events” said Lisa Edmonds, PRH Foundation Chair.
“We owe a depth of gratitude to the Foundation and all who have supported their efforts over the past two decades,” said PRH President and CEO Pierre Noel. “Without community fundraising, our hospital would not have the financial means to purchase state-of-the-art equipment and make necessary upgrades to our infrastructure. The financial contributions made to PRH over the years are priceless in terms of the value added to the delivery of local healthcare.”
Thank you for helping to keep healthcare close to home!
Donations to the PRH Foundation are welcome at any time by calling (613) 732-2811, extension 7408 or visiting the PRHF website at www.prhfoundation.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Roger Martin, Executive Director
Pembroke Regional Hospital Foundation
(613) 732-2811, extension 6223